Subscribing to Google Alerts has given me a variety of resources that will help me write my research paper on sulfur dioxide pollution. I received alerts through my e-mail about articles related to my topic instantly, which allowed me to spend my time doing other homework. It basically does your research for you, which is what I love about it. Google Alerts gave me a list of the top five articles for today, so all I had to do was read through them and extract the ones I am using for my paper. The one I am most fascinated by is found on mountainx.com. This particular article talks about conservations groups announcing a settlement with Duke Energy to reduce the amount of pollution from coal power plants. They are doing this by replacing the old coal power plants with new ones, allowing it to burn cleaner. As a result, this will emit a lot less sulfur dioxide into our environment.
Sustainability is the way in which we protect the earth and the resources that we take from the earth. Creating new coal power plants is contributing to sustainability of the earth because it is reducing the amount of harmful gases in our atmosphere. This will allow plants to live longer and protect habitats for terrestrial animals. The more we do to reduce our carbon footprint, the more we protect the sustainability of our biosphere.
No comments:
Post a Comment