Google Alerts has been blowing up
my e-mail these past few days and I just found an awesome writing topic for my
paper. I spent so much time
brainstorming on ideas for my main topic, which is pollution, I forgot to answer
a very important question: is it mostly a result of human activity or is it
natural? This article I found talks
about the volcanoes in Hawaii contributing to air pollution. I mainly thought that sulfur dioxide was a
result of burning fossil fuels in industries, but I guess it relates to
volcanoes too since fossil fuels are being burned naturally as well. According to National Parks Traveler,
Kilauea, a volcano located in Hawaii, has been releasing large amounts of
potentially hazardous volcanic gases for nearly three decades. That is emitting just as much, or more
harmful gases into our environment as large industries. It doesn’t seem like there is a solution to
this problem currently because it’s not like we can just plug up the
volcanoes. I will look further into this
topic as I begin my paper on sulfur dioxide pollution, natural and unnatural.
No comments:
Post a Comment