Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meatrix

The idea of the meatrix is that consumers don't know where and how their food is being made.  I can relate to this as a consumer because on several occasions, I will eat fast food without wondering where it came from.  Consumers have the most power when it comes to what supermarkets are putting on their shelves.  Most people don't understand the steps that are involved in making a cheeseburger at a fast food restaurant.  I know that I didn't before I watched Food Inc.  If we make the public aware of this disturbing information then we can put a stop to the inhumane treatment of animals.  The public needs to know about the hidden meatrix.  Large food corporations don't want the public to know the truth because they fear that it will hurt their business, but the consumers need to stand up against this potential crisis.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, Im in your English class. We have to evaluate each others powerpoint project. It has to be sent by Monday.

    ReplyDelete